Monday, October 5, 2009

Crisis is Looming . . .

1. It is Monday.

2. I stayed up too late last night and (surprise!) didn't want to get out of bed at 5:45 this morning. By the time I got up, it was too late to exercise, but still early enough that I could sweep, wash dishes, and fold laundry. Wheee.

3. My son went to pre-school in his Power Rangers costume. Those are not his real muscles.


4. There are no chocolate chip cookies in the house. Now what am I supposed to have for my breakfast dessert?

5. There is chocolate, but only one day's worth. If I eat it for my breakfast dessert, what will I have for my lunch dessert?

6. The car, which is 8 years old and will soon need to be held together with Scotch tape, has an engine light on. And a flattening tire. And it needs an oil change. Hopefully it will not fall apart before I pick my Power Ranger up from school. Later today I will have to take it to the shop so Friendly Todd can fix it for me first thing tomorrow.

7. I'm sure it will rain while I am walking home from dropping off the car. It is only 1.5 miles, though, so how wet can I get?

8. In order to leave the car with Friendly Todd, I will have to postpone my regular Tuesday grocery shopping trip until Wednesday. This means that there will not be any cookies or chocolate for tomorrow's breakfast dessert either.

9. I am also sure that it will rain when I walk to pick up the car on Tuesday. And the car will probably not be done on time, which makes sense because Tuesday is the day that is booked so solid with activities that it takes years of parent training and a special driver's license to make sure that all the right people are left in all the right places at all the right times. And that they have all the right stuff with them. And you have to remember to go back and get them when there are done.

10. There is coffee, but when I opened the coffee maker to add fresh ground coffee (well, not fresh in the sense that I ground it myself this morning, just fresh in the sense that it had not already been used), I found that there were already coffee grounds in there. Only, they were not so fresh. The last time I made coffee was Friday. Did I mention that it is Monday?

11. My husband wants a cow. The kind that lives in your barn and poops in your pasture and moos at you. We don't have a barn or a pasture, nor will we until my husband gets over the cow thing.

12. I would prefer sheep. But we have no barn and no pasture, nor will we until my husband gets over his cow thing.

13. My husband still wants a cow.

14. The fronts and back of the sweater I have been working on for the last month came out perfectly for the size 38. The sleeves that I knit last January came out perfectly for the size 48. I was knitting the size 40.

15. When I made the shopping list last week, I failed to account for the fact that the car would need to see Friendly Todd on my regular shopping day and now there isn't really much to make dinner with and we will be eating Scrounge for the next two nights while I wear a sweater that can only be put together if I defy the laws of physics. We won't notice it so much on Busy Tuesday, but I'm not sure I can handle it today what with it being Monday and there being no cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment