Friday, November 19, 2010

10 Things That Are Making Me Happy Right Now

Lubec, Maine, looking across to Campobello Island, New Brunswick

1. A warm cat sitting on my lap and purring like I'm the best thing that happened to him. Ever.

2. The sound of the heat running. It's 37 degrees out, and I'm feeling pretty lucky about being warm and safe and dry right now.

3. The near silence when the heat cycles off and the kids are not fighting and the TV is too far away to hear.

4. The fact that I am not watching (or hearing) Hannah Montana  or The Suite Life.  Pure bliss, as far as I'm concerned.

5. Fresh bread in the oven.

6. Not washing the pile of dishes in the sink or the piles of laundry in the laundry room.

7. Not having to leave the house to pick anyone up for at least an hour.

8. A temporary reprieve from having to harass anyone about homework or chores or music practice or bedtime.

9. Being able to knit a little longer tonight because I can sleep in past 5:30 tomorrow.


10. The cat just got up, so I can get up too.

Once upon a time, when they were small

No comments:

Post a Comment