Friday, November 11, 2011

A Forrest Gump Kind of Day

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was running! --Forrest Gump

I have spent the entire day on the move.  I started off a little after 8 with a walk with Regular Deb, then moved straight on (after a brief pause for coffee) to teacher conferences, one at 9:40 and one at 11.  And then it was time to make a shopping list, do the grocery shopping, and wander around Target hunting for a bizarre assortment of items (laundry detergent ($5 gift card if I bought two, so I did), various undergarments for sundry children, more socks for me, thermal pants to keep me warm on outdoor walks, a new cordless phone for El Husbando's office, a back cover for my iPad to keep that freezy thing off my legs, a bunch of jammies and warm-up pants, and some party favors for Nate's Ultimate Sports Blowout Birthday Party tomorrow.  Oh, and the new Harry Potter movie for $13, because why stop spending now when I'm on such a roll?).  Then it was back home to put the perishables away and leave the house in time for a 5:00 teacher conference. The only break I got was that the 5:00 teacher conference had actually been cancelled due to illness, but I didn't know that until after I had flown out of the house (leaving half the groceries strewn around the kitchen), driven all the way to the school, and read the note on the door, so it doesn't really count.  Now I'm home and I might be a little tired, in the same way that Emma's legs might have been a little tired last Sunday after she played three games in a row, only more so.

My plan for the rest of the day night?  Sit on my butt with my hot chocolate and my knitting.  I have about an inch left on the second thumb (plus the ends, but we won't think about that right now, will we?) and there can be no excuse for not finishing these tonight.

photo.JPG


I have quite a bit more than an inch left on this shell, but I've knit most of the boring stockinette part and I'm about two rows shy of dividing for the arms, at which point the project should become interesting again.


photo.JPG

Other than that, I have absolutely no ambitions for tonight.   I suppose I might be convinced to make dinner for my family, but only if they are very nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment