Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Confession

I like to think that I am a reasonably intelligent person, but you wouldn't know it lately because I keep gathering the egg from the coop in the morning and sticking it in my jacket pocket.  Then I go inside to finish doing one menial task or another and I accidentally smash the egg when I lean against the counter because I am apparently incapable of remembering that I put it in my pocket three minutes earlier.  My coats are now very clean because I have washed them several times just this fall.  Thank goodness the egg production is low right now.

Other than smashing the egg (again), my Sunday was much more productive than usual.  We took advantage of this bizarre non-December-like weather to put all of the lawn furniture away inside the barn and to move the extra stuff out of the garage (and into the barn!) so El Husbando can park inside again.  I also baked 9 dozen cookies for the hockey team and blueberry muffins for my kids and I'm just about up to date on everyone's homework.  This is all really too much for me, so I'm going to park myself in front of the TV and see if I can't waste the rest of my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment