Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Ultimate Test

1. Tomorrow is the cleaner's regularly scheduled day to clean here. 

2. My house is picked up, dishes are done, laundry has been washed, folded, and sorted by its intended wearer and the check has been written and left in a conspicuous location.  In short, I am as ready as I can be. 

3.  The cleaner has even called to say that she will be here tomorrow, and was so bold as to leave an estimated time of arrival (which, unfortunately, is several days before the anticipated arrival of the holiday gift I had planned for her).

Given all of the above, and giving proper consideration to the House Cleaner Principle--which states that the readier I am, the more likely she is to bail-- what are the odds that she will actually show up tomorrow and clean the house?

p.s. shouldn't there be a better name for this job than cleaner?  

No comments:

Post a Comment