Friday, December 30, 2011

A Day In Bad Phone Pics

Well, not really a full day.  First, I got up and took care of the animals and there isn't much to photograph there, even if I do love looking at my chickens in the morning.  Then, I took a very leisurely walk on the treadmill, which would make a very boring photo.  Then, I rushed around the house trying to get Isa and Nate and Me ready to go, and I was moving much too fast for any pictures.  Then we took Isa to the orthodontist, and no one wants a picture of the inside of another person's mouth, so that was out.  Then we went to get my contacts where we sat in the waiting room and played with the iPhone, so I couldn't use it to take pictures and then the doctor had a little look at my eyes and it was too dark for pictures, plus who want a close up of my eyeball.  Then we rushed off to the stables and that's where I took a whole bunch of pictures.  All of them were bad, but here they are anyway:

photo.JPG
This is Liz, the world's friendliest dog, except that if you start petting her, you are never allowed to stop.  She likes to carry things in her mouth, probably because she's a retriever and they do that.  Today's prize was a brush.

photo.JPG
Right here is the reason for all of the pictures:  Mr. Nate is having his first riding lesson.

photo.JPG
He started by practicing some walking.

photo.JPG
And some more walking.

photo.JPG
Now he's on the horse.

photo.JPG
Aaaaaand we're walking again.

photo.JPG
Still walking.

photo.JPG
Walking towards Mommy.

photo.JPG
And smiling because this is about the most awesome thing he can think of.

photo.JPG
Now we're walking on our own, with Sarah calling instructions from her usual spot at the center of the ring.  
Afterwards we did a whole bunch of other boring stuff, like cleaning up the house and getting ready to go out again because Isabel had two basketball games tonight. In between games we scrambled to buy some dinner and a chocolate cake, and it's boring details like this that remind me why I don't usually feature my day in photos.  But it hardly matters, because my kid is still smiling from his riding lesson.  And the other best part?  His big sis and most-of-the-time best friend Isabel thought it was great too.  She is busy hatching all sorts of plans for their future together as equestrians.   If only I could capture that in a picture too.

No comments:

Post a Comment