Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some Surprises in the Education of My Child

I thought that the school district couldn't surprise me any more, but then Isabel told me she thought she might have failed her written volleyball exam.

Huh?

I accused her of fabricating, but she pointed out that she could not possibly have dreamed up anything as dull as a written volleyball exam and I was convinced.   Apparently she also had to take a written exam on  . . . get this . . . running.

I had assumed that gym  sorry, P.E., was the ultimate opportunity to escape the paperwork, learn by doing, and blow off a little extra energy, but I am now given to understand that mine is a hopelessly twentieth century attitude. There is a great deal of information to be covered in gym sorry again, P.E., these days and apparently a few pop quizzes are just the thing to make sure that everyone is up to speed on the date that volleyball was discovered and the rules of play.  It must not be all paperwork, though, because my kids all love the class.  And dodgeball, teacher sanctioned bullying that it was, is also passe.  It has been replaced with Yoga and the world is a much happier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment