Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Killer Microwave

Here's a picture of the new microwave:


photo.JPG


Looks like a nice, friendly little microwave, doesn't it?

That's what I thought, too.  Until I flipped through the instructions and found this:




Do you see what it says there, right in the middle?

"You will be killed or seriously injured if you do not follow instructions immediately."

What kind of a world is this where our small kitchen appliances have the license to threaten us in this manner?

My shiny new microwave looks cold and sinister to me now.  I would like to take it back, but I'm afraid of making it angry. Instead, I'm going to read the instruction book very thoroughly, in all three languages, and do my best to help the microwave understand that I come in peace and there's no need to take this tone with me.

But I'm still afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment