Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Makeover and a Day Off

After 15 years of glasses, I finally got contact lenses again yesterday. The nice people at the eye store gave me sunglasses for free and I spent the rest of the day pretending that I was cool by putting the sunglasses on top of my head every time I stopped driving and went into a store, which was  often. I'm sure that it worked and my sense of style must be the talk of the town by now. 

After so much awesomeness and shopping yesterday, I needed a break today. I slept in (for real; I didn't even think about getting out of bed until nearly 8 this morning) and spent a chunk of the morning working on my sweater.  Then I started the laundry and whipped up a batch of gingerbread cookie dough with Matty. There was no room in the inn fridge, so we had to chill the dough outside; free range refrigerating is one of the most overlooked benefits of winter.  We took the dog and some of the more energetic children out for a little walk, and then went out for a movie and some Chinese food, which is what all good Jews do with Christmas. The meal was good, even if the children did not exhibit their best public behavior (I'm sure I taught them all about using forks; why can't they remember?), but The Muppets did not live up to the fine tradition of the earlier Muppet movies.  I can't decide whether I'm sorry that we wasted our movie gift card on it or relieved that at least we didn't have to pay full price not to be entertained. 

That will have to be enough for now. I'm so tired I can't even think how to close this post. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment